I am having some trouble in planning my migration from Hosted Exchange 2007 to Internal/Local 2010 Exchange. Here are the details.
– I need the hosted Exchange & Internal to continue working at the same time
– I understand the whole export the PST and import it into 2010 – no issue there
– My new internal 2010 Exchange server is up and running, but not configured to send externally (can send internal email just fine)
– We have several remote users which means this migration process will take several weeks
– As I migrated the hosted users and until I can change the MxRecord, I will forward the email from hosted email to the internal email
– How should I setup my new 2010 email to route externally?
– During the migration process of a few weeks, how will the migrated internal users send mail to the hosted Exchange users (until they are migrated)?
– Won’t there be routing issues since I am using the same domain name on my hosted & local email servers?