Some PCs not updating from WSUS

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Some PCs not updating from WSUS

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Roman_k

Hi
    We have a WSUS server 6.2.9200 running on windows 2012 Standard and about 500 PCs using it for updates. WSUS details applied via group policy. About half of PCs updating fine but there are a lot with “Updates with errors” and/or “Updates needed”. If I check particular PC I find that number of failed updates on the PC is different from what it shows in WSUS.

Also the policy is set to check for updates every day and install updates as soon as its downloaded but if I go to “Windows Updates” there are updates waiting to be installed (although should be installed automatically).

On PCs with this issue I tried:
    recreating “C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDataStore” and “C:WindowsSoftwareDistributionDownload folders”,

removing following reg values: “HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionWindowsUpdate SusClientIdValidation”, “HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionWindowsUpdate SusClientId “

and running “wuauclt /resetauthorization” and “wuauclt /detectnow”

but updates on those PCs still not working.

Is there any way to force re download and reinstall failed updates on PCs from the server or any other way remotely and centrally or sort this issue in any other way?
    Also is there any way to monitor windows update in real time on server side or any logs that would show what happens when PC connecting to WSUS for updates?

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: