Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

Siemans router not issuing DHCP

Home Forums Networking DSL, Cable, and other Broadband Issues Siemans router not issuing DHCP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • tehcamel

I have a client who has recently been issued a new Windows 7 laptop by their company. The previous laptop was winxp.
    The laptop is used in numerous locations, so is configured to use DHCP. There is also a desktop at the client’s home, connected to the router via an ethernet cable.

The new laptop will not obtain a DHCP address from the router. The wired desktop is NOT experiencing issues obtaining a DHCP address.

I have completely removed all security on the router, and the laptop won’t grab an address.
    I then assigned a static address, and it works perfectly.
    I upped the security to WPA2 again, and laptop still works with a manually assigned address.
    I then changed it back to DHCP, and the router would not issue an address.

The router in question is a Tiscali provided Siemans Gigaset router. It has definitely been rebooted multiple times. I cannot find any MAC filtering options (there are very limited control options for this router) and I know it’s definitely authenticating properly.

Any suggestions?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.