Shutting down multiple servers from SBS 2011 with UPS shutdown script

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Shutting down multiple servers from SBS 2011 with UPS shutdown script

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    devdept

Hi All,

I have the following script that doesn’t work. It’s called “turn_off_all_servers.bat” and is executed from the Dell UPS Local Node Manager on power failure. The problem is the following: I can run each line from a console window and successfully turn off each machine (the last one is SBS 2011 itself) but it does not work as a whole script.

Does anybody know the reason why it happens?

shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown” -m [URL=”file://\backup”]\backup[/URL]
    shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown” -m [URL=”file://\tfs1″]\tfs1[/URL]
    shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown”
    REM never call this file shutdown.bat otherwise the second call with call the batch file itself[/CODE] When I click “Test shutdown” button on the Dell UPS Local node manager only the local machine is turned off, not the others. Does the order of calls matter?

Thanks,

Alberto[CODE]shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown” -m [URL=”file://\backup”]\backup[/URL]
    shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown” -m [URL=”file://\tfs1″]\tfs1[/URL]
    shutdown -s -t 60 -c “UPS shutdown”
    REM never call this file shutdown.bat otherwise the second call with call the batch file itself[/CODE] When I click “Test shutdown” button on the Dell UPS Local node manager only the local machine is turned off, not the others. Does the order of calls matter?

Thanks,

Alberto

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.