GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Shared adress for 2003 and 2007 exchange servers

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Shared adress for 2003 and 2007 exchange servers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    swfblade

So as part of our migration from old AD domain to new, I have an Exchange 2003 server providing email for us, lets say domain.co.uk. I need to migrate users across to our new AD domain, which has Exchange 2007, but still be able to access domain.co.uk for those users that migrate across to the new AD domain.

I have followed several how-to’s (eg http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-2003-SMTP-Namespace-Sharing.html ) on setting this up. I am testing it with a separate domain that only I use, just so I dont bring down the company’s email! I have setup a user on each AD to have an email adress on both servers, lets say [email protected] and [email protected]. The following happens when I try it:

Set E03 server to be non-auth and E07 server to be auth. No emails to either address are received (NDR’s).
    Set E03 server to be auth. Works as expected, [email protected] receives, [email protected] does not.

I guess what I am trying to ask is how I set it up so that email sent to the domain is received by mailboxes on both servers. If I send to [email protected] i need it to receive and if I send to [email protected] I need that to receive as well, despite being on a different Exchange server.

Hope that makes sense.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.