Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Share your experiences about Private Cloud storage

Home Forums Cloud Computing Other Cloud Services Share your experiences about Private Cloud storage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • nguyennp

Hello, everyone,

In my company (small company), employees often go out that we I plan to build a “cloud storage” so that the data backup is the most convenient.

Because of some reasons, I am not allowed to use the Cloud of Dropbox, Microsoft, … for the company.

My idea below. Please help to share your experiences :

1. On existing File Server (Windows 2008 R2), buy and attach a NAS and install BitTorrent Sync
    Create the managed folder as the file Server, configure BitTorrent for Sync folders
    2. On laptops, install BitTorrent BitTorrent configure Sync, Sync for the folders. Ask employees when working with data, they have to save into that folder.

My questions :

1. We have just tested a bit with BitTorrent Sync and don’t know if someone that has used and find it stable as well as the sync speed. Are there any other programs that are the same functions and better BitTorrent Sync ?

2. Are there any storage devices that allows to do this without install BitTorrent Sync on File Server. Something like a NAS device that already has BitTorrent Sync built in or another Sync program built-in.

3. How do I configure so that the normal 1-way Sync data on the Server but when when laptop is lost, can configure to delete data from the Server (of course have to backup before) so that it also delete the data on my Laptop?

4. In question 3, if the answers is NO, is there any way to configure on your laptop when it is lost but can not read data (encrypted data, for example). But I want it is very simple, don’t want to use encrypted Windows which need to join to the domain, that has certificate, private key and public key and rather complicated.

Pistle
    Participant

Private cloud storage is a type of storage mechanism that stores an organization’s data at in-house storage servers by implementing cloud computing and storage technology. But unlike public cloud storage, it is not publicly accessible and is owned by a single organization and its authorized external partners.

jessewalt375
    Participant

Private cloud storage is similar to public cloud storage in that it provides the usability, scalability and flexibility of the storage architecture. But unlike public cloud storage, it is not publicly accessible and is owned by a single organization and its authorized external partners.Private cloud storage is a type of storage mechanism that stores an organization’s data at in-house storage servers by implementing cloud computing and storage technology.

I have been using Private Cloud storage for my business and I can be happy about it that my data and information is been stored at an virus and threat free environment.I am using this service from a service provider called Apps4Rent and would recommend everyone who is looking for a cloud service provider.
    Do check their site apps4rent.com for more information on cloud services.

SUJITHtp
    Participant

Your doubts are genuine.
    By definition, a private cloud is a computing service offered either over the Internet or a private internal network and only to selected users instead of the general public. It is also known as an internal or corporate cloud. Private cloud gives businesses many of the benefits of the public cloud.
    In addition to the self-service, scalability, and flexibility private cloud deliver a high level of security and privacy through the company firewall as well as internal hosting. One drawback to note is that the company’s IT department is held responsible for the cost and accountability of managing the private cloud.
    Namely, there are three cloud service models in the market. They are SaaS, IaaS, PaaS. But in the case of the private cloud, only two models can be delivered. The first one IaaS (infrastructure as a service) and the second one is PaaS (platform as a service).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: