Setting Up Terminal Services in SBS2003

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Setting Up Terminal Services in SBS2003

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • mgarbinski

In my test lab I’ve attempted to set up terminal server mode after installing sbs2003 on two machines…one as the dc & one as a member server in that domain. The member server will act as the terminal server itself. Terminal Services installed automatically as a component in the sbs2003 package.

No problem installing the license server & activating it, however, when attempting to change the licensing mode from administrative to server (for clients) through ‘terminal service configuration’, directions in a server 2003 text, instructed to go through add/remove programs to make the change. “Terminal server” is not listed – only ‘terminal licensing’ (Contrary to Win2k Server that I’ve done in the past)…..the text also noted that it could be set up through ‘Config your server wizard” – well, the wizard isn’t even listed/available on either sbs2003 installs…now what? I would like to be able to set up the services in server mode for applications in future sbs2003 installs with small business clients.

I hope I’m missing the obvious…Any help is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: