GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Seting up offsite Exchange DR, need some advice

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Seting up offsite Exchange DR, need some advice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mvalpreda

I have some retired servers that I want to use as a DR setup. I need to restore Exchange information to a new server that is NOT part of the production AD nor has any contact with the production AD.

I currently have Exchange on a box called SERVER7 and the backup occurs with Backup Exec on SERVER8. I need to restore data from both onto this single box.

I have set up Windows 2000 on this DR box and it’s ready to go with everything. I’m just not sure if I should run DCPROMO on this new box or do a System State Restore. If I do DCPROMO, do I call the domain the same thing? Should I name the machines the same thing as the production environment?

That leads me into the Exchange 2003 part of things. Do I do a setup /disasterrecovery ? Or install Exchange complete with the same organization name and then do a restore of the stores?

Should I consider running Exchange in a VM? Is there a better way to do what I’m trying to do? I’m open to suggestions!

Thanks for any input. :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.