server2003 – help with file permissions for shared folder

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 server2003 – help with file permissions for shared folder

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    intersilver

Hello,

Our office server runs on Windows Server 2003, and we have a simple shared folder setup, where all employees can access/modify/create/delete files. Today, I’ve copied this shared folder to a new (larger) hard drive since we were running out of space. I’ve shared this new folder with the same share name, instead of the old one, and gave everyone “full control” permissions, however there is a huge problem!

When I’m trying to connect from another computer, and delete or modify a file, it invariably gives an “access is denied” error! Even though that user name has “full control” permissions for the entire folder. The only way I can delete/modify a file, is if I’ve just created that file by myself.

Before I made and shared the copy on the new drive, everyone could delete/modify all files on the shared folder. This is the situation I need to bring back. Stupidly enough, before I unshared the old folder and shared the new one, I didn’t make sure to take note of how permissions were set up. :oops:

Note: I’ve tried giving the full control permissions to “EVERYONE”, and also separately for each user name which connects to the server. Both of the above did not work.

Any help would be massively appreciated, as I’m a newbie when it comes to Windows Server 2003…. someone else had set it up originally and that person cannot help me at the moment.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.