Server Hard Drive Failure, Even After Replacing New Hard Drive

Home Forums Other General Hardware Server Hard Drive Failure, Even After Replacing New Hard Drive

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310

I have a T300 Power Edge server with 3 HDD’s, that was running vmware for a test enviroment. And i have an error that says, 1810 HDD 0 fault error. Did research, and all pointed to bad HDD.

So 2 light up green 1 amber. i took the amber out and swaped places with a green one, to eliminate the socket. So the amber one failed in its new location and the green remained the same in it’s new location. So i bought a new HDD, same model, when i put it in, it turned amber too, both times amber blinking.

Now, when i first had the error, i went into the config, to clear, and redo the RAID, thought i might get lucky in fixing it, it showed that i had 3 hard drives, even with the amber light. Wth the new hard drive it only shows 2 HDD’s. HDD’s are 250G

So i configured the raid, with only the 2 good HDD’s, initiallized at the end of day friday, taking to long so i left for the weekend. So i’m hoping monday when i come in, if i plug the new one in again, it will image, worth a try i guess.

in troubleshooting, i cleaned out, dusted and reseated the processor, ram, perc, cables and HDD’s

3 questions,

1) Any ideas on what may be the problem with the original HDD failing
    2) Any ideas on the new and same make HDD not show up
    3) Can i run the server with only 2 HDD’s

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: