server did not finish checking the license compliance

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 server did not finish checking the license compliance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PaulH

Hi,

I can find some information on this error but this server is a Workgroup server and is not connected to a domain at all, so everything I can find on Google relates to Domains so does not apply.

The error is: The server did not finish checking the license compliance. If the server is joined to a domain, make sure that the server can connect to a domain controller. If the license compliant check cannot be completed, the server will automatically shut down in… (and then it says how many days or hours depending).

It gives this error every so often, perhaps an hour apart, sometimes every few seconds.

This is a Server 2012 Foundation Edition server, Windows has been activated and there are very few local user accounts – apart from the built in ones, I have added just two users. There are two client PCs connected to this server and it is acting only as a fileserver so has no DHCP nor DNS roles installed.

This server is being shipped now so it is currently packed up in boxes and I have been asked to investigate what to do about this error so that it can be fixed when the server is (eventually) plugged in. Has anyone met this on a Workgroup server?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.