Server 2003 r2 sp2 password issue

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Server 2003 r2 sp2 password issue

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PatrickHays

I have a server as described above. Installed sp2 last night and did not do a backup. When SP2 did not yeild the desired results (massive kerbos errors). I removed it from the Domain to a workgroup with the intention of re-joining.
    After the domain change reboot, the local administrators password would not allow access (I *know* what it was, but it simply would not work). I found your articles and purchased WinKey Pro from lostpasswords.com. The utility finds the account, but freezes at ‘Reset “Administrator’ password (Y/N)”. I have also tried other Linix based crackers without success. They could read the hives, but could not write to it (?).
    I cannot format and reload. I am trying to repair (but I know this will lead me to another password box) Perhaps then the WinKey will then work?

BTW Winkey has not responded to any of my requests for assitance, take note of that if you are contemplating laying down $200 as I have.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.