i’ve downloaded the trial version of SCCM and i’m running it on vm workstation for testing purposes. i’m trying to create a collection in SCCM where in it can find clients which have word installed on them.
pic1 shows the basic setup of my enviournment.
pic2 shows some details about the collection. This collection is not specific to any collection but it is for the entire systems query.
pic 3 shows the collection setup. i am not sure where I am going wrong. I was following a video series to do this but things are not falling my way. Can you all please let me know where I am going wrong.
earlier the query was like
select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile on SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_SoftwareFile.FileName = “winword.exe”
and then I changed it to
select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_EXECUTABLE on SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_EXECUTABLE.ResourceId = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_INSTALLED_EXECUTABLE.ExecutableName = “WINWORD.EXE”
I gave some time for the collection to update but no go … still it shows blank … any advise
Thank you in advance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.