SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services System Management SCCM 2012 OSD with Multiple Drive letters using StandAlone Media

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • bsaumier75

Hey guys I have a client who is required to partition their Windows 8.1 installation in three different partitions:

C: (OS Partition)

d: (SQLData Partition)

E: (Client Data Partition)

G: (CD-ROM)

I Already know that I should not use multiple drives for OSD but this is the requirement I have been given…

When I deploy my TS through PxE or USB Bootable Media all the drives are labeled correctly… C,D and E but if I Use Standalone USB Media then I end up with C, E and F and G as CDRom. I know that WinPE assigns a drive letter to the usb stick usually d: but not always so how can I set the USB Standalone media to act the same way as PxE and Usb Boot Media? is there a way to have PE set the USB drive to drives latter in the alphabet? s, t or w? So that once the deployment is complete the os Drive is c: the data drive is D and the maps drive is e:…

PS I don’t care what PE is doing in PE I care that the OS has labeled the drives incorrectly…

Please help

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: