Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

SBS2008 re-install server

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 SBS2008 re-install server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • egeuens

Hi,

I have a SBS2008 server running Exchange, Sharepoint and AD DS. I would like to reinstall everything because the server has a lot of issues and since we are moving Exchange and Sharepoint to a cloud based solution. We will only retainj de Active Directory function and eventually the shared folders for the users.

The goal is to have a temporary server running as the AD DS (I have a fressh virtual Win 2008 available) while I reinstall the server (without Exchange and Sharepoint)

Once the new server is installed I would like to migrate from the virtual to the new one.

How can I do this without loosing my Active Directory structure and loosing the domain functionality with 50 clients?

Thank you.

Erwin

PS: i can install a temp server with Windows 2008

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.