Sbs Repair Posible??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jftm

HI, EVERYBODY

THIS IS MY FIRST POST.

We’ve a Dell Server with SBS 2003 (SP1) and experiencing many problems, specially with Exchange. My boss want to upgrade to R2, he thinks doing this will help us repair those problems.

however for what I can tell (not IT pro) this server has been migrated/upgraded many times: started in Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server (NT 4?) in an Acer Altos Server, then migrated to SBS 2000 (not sure if that was still on Acer or this Dell) then updated to SBS 2003.

2 months ago, I installed SP1 (prerequisite for R2) but I made some mistakes in SQL I think because I can’t access the console any more, however SQL Server seems to work fine (MS Great Plains installed and working). (see attach)

I want to format and reinstall everything but my boss doesn’t; The whole company runs and highly depends on Great Plains, which of course has been modified to suit our needs and therefore its a big concern.

I think many things in the server are messed up, configs, patches, etc.

So what do you recommend??

1. uninstall SP1 -> reinstall SP1 -> Upgrade to R2 -> try to fix errors

2. format -> install straight forward SBS R2 -> assuming everything works try to install Great Plains with all the mods

What would be worst case scenarios? solutions?

Thanks a lot!! Really appreciate your help!!

ask me if you didn’t understand something (my English is not perfect)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.