SBS 2008 Server Topology

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 SBS 2008 Server Topology

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    maxgen

Hi all,

I work mainly with server 2008 enterprise editions in a large educational sector that has virtually unlimited licencing options for server implementation. I have now been asked to assist in a SBS implementation in a commercial environment.

I am finding it difficult to locate accurate information about licence/setup options for an SBS 2K8 server and what is required for either an RODC in a branch or another 2K8 server in a branch office.

Can 2 SBS servers be in the one domain with each in a different site?

MS Blogs on the premium setup seem to suggest that an RODC should be in the same site??? This seems defeating of the purpose of a site based RODC?? I have spent about 2 hours on this and can’t make head nor tail of it … the normal supplier of my harware – whilst they sell SBS have no idea (or choose not to tell me) exactly what combinations are available for an SBS 2008 domain across sites/branches.

Is there a simple explanation somewhere that someone can point me at ….:confused:

Thanking you in anticipation … :-)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.