Running Windows Server with Hyper-V on Toshiba Laptop

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Running Windows Server with Hyper-V on Toshiba Laptop

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ccoscina

I will soon be in charge of a Windows server that my company is purchasing to run SQL Server off of. In order to further prepare myself, I want to get some extra practice outside of work with it. However, I’m thinking that my computer’s requirements may not be up to par – and I can’t really afford to buy a new computer at the moment.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 8.1 with an AMD A6-5200, 4 GB RAM and a 600 GB hard drive (HDD, not SSD). I have the book Training Guide: Administering Windows Server 2012 – and it suggests a computer with at least 8GB RAM. Also – the books examples and exercises use Hyper-V for virtualization.
    If my computer couldn’t handle doing the exercises and examples – would Windows Server 2008 be a better idea? If so – could you point me in the right direction of guides/books/tutorials for Windows Server 2008 system administration?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.