Routing email through different routing connectors for xyz user

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Routing email through different routing connectors for xyz user

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Montaroo

Hi all,

My first post. This site is ossum btw, always browsing it and finding my answer but just never posted. The time has come :).

I want to know if it’s possible to have xyz user(s) email account routing through a different routing connector. For example. I have approx 180 users sending mail via a routing connecter to an smtp server, then to the outside world. I would like for “test’s” sake, have a few test user accounts routing mail through a DIFFERENT smtp server.

Why you ask ? This is for testing. I have a new SMTP server im putting in place but need to test it before going live with 180 users.

At the moment it’s

Email client–> Exchange 2003 Server –> SMTP Server A –> Outside world (All 180 users are on this setup)

I want to put a second SMTP Server in place with say 5 users on it. Therefore I assume I need to create a new routing connector to route mail through this second server.

Email client–> Exchange 2003 Server –> SMTP Server A –> Outside world (Perhaps 175 users are on this setup)

Email client–> Exchange 2003 Server –> SMTP Server B –> Outside world (Perhaps 5 users are on this setup)

Does this make sense ? And how to get xyz user(s) accounts going through a different routing connector.

Thankyou heaps for any input in advance. I hope to be more involved with these forums as they are great.

Cheers
    Montaroo

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.