Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Require Assistance with importing Excel file into SQL table (Without Excel installed)

Home Forums Other Microsoft Servers and SaaS SQL Server 2005 / 2008 / 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2016 Require Assistance with importing Excel file into SQL table (Without Excel installed)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Wofen

First off, its nice to be back in IT… secondly, taking years off makes everything so much harder.

Now, I need assistance with something that should be quite simple, but I have run into constant Road blocks so needed to put up a flare for help.

I have an excel file that is generated from a 3rd party app that I have no control over, and I need to get it into a SQL table that I have very limited control over.

Excel Table has 8 cols (StaffStudent,Surname, Firstname,Year, HomeGroup, DOB, StaffStudentID, Email, ImageName, CardKey).
    I need to import 5 cols (StaffStudentID, FirstName, Surname, DOB, Cardkey) into SQL Express.

As I cant have Excel installed on the server, I cant use the com method, I tried PSexcel (but was unable to get it too work) and I tried ImportExcel (again, was unable to get it too work), and was hoping that I would be able to ask someone here for how they would achieve it.

I know its not the most information, but I can achieve this with any method that can be automated and will work.

Thank you,
    Wofen

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: