Removing old SBS Exchange 2003 from AD Schema (Exchange 2k7 installed)

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Removing old SBS Exchange 2003 from AD Schema (Exchange 2k7 installed)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Maeltor

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this.

I have a client who has requested I clean up some of their AD/Exchange infrastructure. After some initial research, it appears that Exchange 2007 as well as their AD was basically installed over the top of an initial SBS 2003 architecture.
    The DC running SBS 2003 was removed a long time ago, and it no longer appears in AD. Exchange 2007 is running with mostly no problems, and it appears the AD/Exchange schema for 2007 is fairly clean.

I did notice however, when troubleshooting some issues with one of the EDB’s, that the 2007 Exchange Troubleshooter seems to still pickup the metadata from the original exchange system and DC.

I’m not sure if its causing any issues, I don’t see anything of note in the Event Logs that would indicate an issue; I’d just like to get rid of it.

All the MS articles that I have seen so far, mention removing the exchange organization. I obviously can’t do that, I need to make sure I don’t adversely affect the working Exchange 2007 architecture.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.