Removing multiple versions of Office

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting Removing multiple versions of Office

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    todd231
    Participant

We have a client that is migrating to Office 365 Business Premium. Unfortunately for us, and a network of about 40 or so computers, we’re looking at a mix of current Office installs ranging from 2007 (I beleive), 2010 to 2013.

We have a script setup to install Office 365 Business Premium via our Remote Management software.

They are in a domain, and I know in that environment, I can use GP to accomplish what we want to do, however… We’re looking to save time and if we can push an uninstall script from our RM software to every computer then we don’t have to ensure that the systems are physically in the office. We can just tell the RM software to run the script(s) when the computer is turned on. They have two locations throughout our state that are only connected via VPN. We don’t want the DC to have bear the burden of this install.

The problem I’m running into is two fold:

1) the scripts that I’m finding appear to be geared towards beginners with things like [USER=”68995″]Echo[/USER] followed by some text in there. Basically letting the user know what’s going on and some ask for user interaction. I need this to be completely silent and just blow out whatever version of Office they have installed.

2) There are a mix of previous Office installs spread throughout their company.

I don’t know enough about batch files and/or PS scripts to remove the multiple versions of office.

Any help out there?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.