removing a default users smtp address

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 removing a default users smtp address

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    shannonr

Hi,

I am trying to remove the primary/default smtp address for a user in AD Users and Computers so they are left with just X400; which I understand should effectly restrict their mail to internal use only.

However when I try to remove the smtp address I get the following error: “This is the primary SMTP e-mail address of this recipient. It cannot be removed”

I have searched the forums and this problem seems to have been mentioned a few times but no real solution / workaround seems available? is this the case or am I missing something?

I have found the notes at: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html which is a more complex way of restricting users mail use to internal only, however this requires reg tweaking and the use of ADSIEdit which I would VERY MUCH like to avoid on our production environment :)

Can someone help with either a way around the error message I am receiving or a different method of restricting users to internal mail only?

Thanks,
    Shannon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.