Reliable Wireless Networking??

Home Forums Networking General Networking Reliable Wireless Networking??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Blood

I recently purchased a new home PC (custom build). When I was going through the spec I made sure that a decent wireless card was installed. I’d not used wireless networking before at home with my PC (I use it for portable devices), because my experience of wireless PC networking elsewhere was pants.

Today, I’ve had to switch back to using an Ethernet cable. The wireless card, a TP-Link in a PCIe slot, was losing the network once every 2 or 3 days so I would find that downloads, answering posts, streaming media would be interrupted. The wireless network was still broadcasting as testified by my iPod’s ability to connect to the Internet during these ‘outages’.

Is wireless still in its infancy? I’m really disappointed with this :(

My router is the latest from BT and was installed specifically for my fibre connection. I thought, Great!, I’ll go wireless. hahaha oh well :)

What makes a wireless network reliable? Are there any good guides out there that help you tweak the settings on a wireless card? I’ve seen some stuff on Windows Networking dot com, but that just parrots the settings without explaining what they do.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.