Public Folder Hierarchy missing from management tools

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Public Folder Hierarchy missing from management tools

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Paul Adams

Hi,

I have an Exchange 2007 server in one location, with an Exchange 2003 server in second location – same shared AD domain, full time VPN link between.

This setup has been running fine for about a year. Shared public folders between locations – no issues.

Last week, we have an ‘incident’ & the Exchange 2007 server was powered down instantly without being correctly shutdown. It caused minor corruption to both the main EDB & the public folder EDB – both fixed quickly using eseutil /p…

Since then, public folders look & work fine to the users, but the Public Folder Hierarchy (or tree) is missing from management tools on the Exchange 2007 server. I now have a need to add new folders & mail enable them.

If I use PFADMIN from my desk – I can see all the folders.

Some Internet searching says it can take 24 / 48 hours for folders to ‘sync up’ correctly – but it’s been over a week, so I don’t think that’s the issue here.

I did find one post that said to backup the public folder db, completely remove the entire public folder setup, reboot & recreate the public folders from scratch, then put your db back – but I’d like to avoid that if at all possiple…

I would be grateful for some pointers if you know the answers…

Regards

Paul Adams

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.