Proxy traffic when internet down

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Proxy traffic when internet down

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    agreenbhm

I’m designing an Exchange 2010 setup for an organization with two sites. Both sites have their own internet connections and are connected via a separate dedicated WAN connection. Each site will have a server hosting all 3 roles and will be a member of two DAGs. There will be two MB databases, each as a member of a separate DAG. The reason for this is to allow normal operation to continue if the WAN link goes down.

My question is: how can I proxy traffic through the WAN link if the internet connection at one site goes down? From what I’ve read in this document: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb310763.aspx#proxyoverview I would need to not configure an external URL for one of the sites, however, I want each site to be accessed via it’s own internet connection during normal operation.

Is there a way to have the server in the site that’s up proxy traffic through the WAN link to the server that hosts the active database for the connecting mailbox user only when the internet is down for that user’s site? Right now I’m thinking perhaps a script that executes every minute or so to determine if the internet is up in that site and if not, runs a PowerShell command to change the external URL of the problematic site to null.

Any input is appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.