lvaibhavtMemberOct 03, 2011 at 1:15 pm #156406
On of the web servers in my company the CPU utilization goes close to 100%. This happens like twice a day. We get alerts from SCOM regarding this. When I monitor the machine, I see the CPU going towards higher side however I am unable to get exact detail i.e. which process is making CPU utilization higher. Processes come and go. There is no specific process which is causing this hike
This is a windows 2008 R2 enterprise server. I enabled manual perfmon performance counters like
(PDH-CSV 4.0) (GMT Daylight Time)(-60)
\ servername Process(_Total)% Privileged Time
\ servername Process(_Total)% Processor Time
\ servername Process(_Total)Creating Process ID
\ servername Process(_Total)Elapsed Time
\ servername Process(_Total)Handle Count
\ servername Process(_Total)ID Process
\ servername Processor(0)% Interrupt Time
\ servername Processor(_Total)% Interrupt Time
\ servername Processor(0)% Processor Time
\servernameProcessor(_Total)% Processor Time
I get all the details except creating Process id // Elapsed time // Id process, they al are shown as 0 (in csv format). I did this as I thought I could match the PID of the process here and come to know about the process but I did not work.
Guys can you please advise how I can get the info which process is causing CPU hike in a report.
Thank you in advance
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.