Problems migrating from Server 2003 to 2008 R2

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Problems migrating from Server 2003 to 2008 R2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    direclynx

I’m in the process of trying to install a new domain controller at an office and have run into a bit of a problem. I have installed Active Directory on the new server with no problem, did the Adprep on the old server, dcpromo on the new one, all of the FSMO Roles are shown as being controlled by the new server, and I can see and change all the Users and other info under the Active Directory options in Administrative Tools. I have all computers using the new server as their DNS and that seems to be working properly. Yet when I disconnect the old server from the network, I can no longer log in to the domain on the client computers or make Active Directory changes on the new server. As soon as I plug the old Domain Controller back in, everything starts moving along just like it should. For some reason it still seems to be pulling info from that server and I can’t seem to find where it’s telling it to. Any help would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.