Problematic Domains – SMTPDIAG 10054 error

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Problematic Domains – SMTPDIAG 10054 error

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    GMAN05

I’ve been running Exchange 2003 for about 1 1/2 years along with GFI Mail Essentials for spam protection. I have a relay server running the GFI product and on occasion I will have problems sending to certain domains. I’ve read a lot of posts and have not found the solution for what I’m looking for. Lot of posts circle around DNS problems… DNS always resolves properly to the correct MX domain. What appears to happen is when I first try and telnet to that domain the cursor sits there and flashes no responses are returned. If I try right it again right away the smtp banner from the problematic domain is returned. This also happens on SMTP DIAG. First time I receive a 10054 error second time it goes through right away. It appears to establish the connection in the backgroud and keeps things open for awhile. Likewise if I try and send email to that domain at that time it appears to go through. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.