Prevent non admin users from installing printer drivers on 2012 R2 servers

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Prevent non admin users from installing printer drivers on 2012 R2 servers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Balthier

I have some Remote Desktop Session Host servere where we are having difficulties because users are able to install printer drivers on the RDSH servers.

The Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers is set to Enabled. But it does not help.

The only way I seem to be able to prevent users from installing printer drivers is by setting the following two policy settings in a GPO applied to the RDSH servers,

Only use Package Point and print, Enabled

Package Point and print – Approved servers, Enabled (FalseName.com configured as approved server)

But if I do this, then the users are not able to make connections to the printer queues on the print server at all. Not even for those queues I myself have installed the driver for on the RDSH servers. Is there any way I can prevent non-admin users from installing drivers, when they connect to network printers which do not have a driver on the RDSH servers?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.