preoblem with DNS (A) records

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DNS preoblem with DNS (A) records

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • gogi100

So, my company has bought a hosting package. the hosting of ISP contains web, mail …. My company wants that mail server exists in the DMZ in my company.
    I have asked the ISP provider to enroll (A) record for my mail server, mail.domen.com CNAME and MX record for mail.domen.com. Provider told me that on the DNS server in the zone domen.com there is one (A) record for their DNS server and it is impossible to write another one because of nobody wouldn’t see to our company website. I typed the command
    nslookup
    >server domen.com
    >ls -d domen.com

Quote:
    [domen.com]
    domen.com. SOA ns1.domen-hosting.com hosting.domen.rs. (
    2012080300 86400 7200 3600000 86400)
    domen.com. MX 0 domen.com
    domen.com. MX 10 mail.domen.com
    domen.com. NS ns1.domen-hosting.com
    domen.com. NS ns2.domen-hosting.com
    domen.com. A x.x.x.55 (address of dns server)
    ftp CNAME domen.com
    localhost A 127.0.0.1
    mail CNAME domen.com
    www CNAME domen.com
    domen.com. SOA ns1.domen-hosting.com hosting.domen.rs. (
    2012080300 86400 7200 3600000 86400)

I think it is possible to insert next domen.com. A xxx55 (DNS server address) and domen.com A xxx179 (my address MailServer) and the mail alias CNAME at domen.com A xxx179 (the address of my mail server).
    If this is not possible what I would do to resolve this problem?
    thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: