I have a LAN with 2 PCs and the situation is weird: PCs on same workgroup can see each other, but they can’t see the shared files/folders- because these don’t show up in Network (Windows Explorer).
One computer is the main one (Windows 10, set as Master Browser), the other one is XP.
Name of the workgroup is WORKGROUP.
– On W10, the samba v1, v2, v3 are enabled (see screenshot)
– I can ping from any of the PCs the other one successfuly.
– The result of the command “net view” on w10 PC is:
“System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.”
– The result of the command “nslookup hostname” on w10 PC is:
*** ap8857ee75cefe can’t find hostname: Non-existent domain”
– The result of the command “nbtstat -A 192.168.11.3” on w10 PC (where the IP is XP’s) is:
NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table
Name Type Status
Even when XP computer is not connected to LAN, the result of “net view” on w10 PC is the same: “System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.”
Adapter’s settings -> Properties -> IPv4 -> Properties -> Advanced -> WINS : NetBIOS Setting is set to “Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP”
Just in case, I also flushed the DNS server.
Don’t understand why this happens, I’d appreciate any help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.