syslogMemberOct 23, 2007 at 2:02 pm #128423
We currently have an 2 node Exchange 2003 SP2 cluster installed on a Windows 2003 domain. The cluster isn’t apart of RPC-HTTP topology right now.
We want to add an additional FE server and make the environment work as apart of HTTP-RPC topology.
We are in the processing of implementing OWA on our organization.
I have restored the real environment into a vm server and deployed the OWA soluton on a test environment. I have written a checklist for the steps we need to make in the real environment, just like I did on the test environment.
Since I want the checklist to be accurate, I stil have some questions regarding some phase in the process:
1. After I install additional Exchange server and before I make it a Front-End Server, by default, it creates a Storage Group which will contain Mailboxes and Public Folders. The Mailbox’s and Public Folders created on the additional server are not a replica of the current (real) database base, right? So it is safe to dismount and delete them, even without deeply checking what is inside them? There is no change that the additional server will start to replicate the DB from the cluster, right?
2. Also, regarding the process I have listed the highlights in my checklist, let me know if they are in the correct and safe order:
1. Install Additional Exchange Server.
2. Make the Additional Server a Front-End Server.
3. Restart the server.
4. Make sure clients are working and cluster is fully up.
5. Make sure the additional server exists on the Exchange System Manager under servers.
6. Dismount and Delete any Mailboxes and Public Folders on the additional server. –> This step I is about my first question.
7.Disable unused Exchange releated services on the server. Leave only:
1. Exchange System Attended.
2. SMTP Service
3. World Web Web Service.
4. Exchange Routing Engine.
8. Make sure no other then HTTP protocols are offered on the Server within the Front-End server (in Exchange System Manager).
9. Go to step 4.
10. Make the cluster Server name a Back-End Server.
11. Go to step 4.
Any thing you might add for checks or additional step/detail?
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.