GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Outlook Appointments Forwarded to a Deleted User Account

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Outlook Appointments Forwarded to a Deleted User Account

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    raveon

I have a situation on my hands related to Outlook’s Calendar. This problem appears to be server side (Exchange 2003). When people send an appointment invitation to user A they receive a bounce back message related to an old user (user B) that had closely worked with the user A. User B’s account was deleted a couple months ago and thus no longer exists on the server. The message looks like:

Reporting-MTA: dns;exchangeserver.domain.com

Final-Recipient: x-ex;/O=TLG/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=userB
    Action: failed
    X-Display-Name: UsernameB

From my research I have found that running the outlook command line switch “outlook.exe /cleanserverrules” might possibly help this as it could be that a rule was created on a previous machine used by user A. I however am worried that the switch might clear rules for all users and would like to clarify if it clears rules for the user Outlook is set up for or for all users. If any other solution or knowledge to help me solve this problem I would appreciate it.

Thank you in advance,
    Pat

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.