Outlook any where not working

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 Outlook any where not working

• This topic has 13 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by AvatarDks.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    I have a exchange server 2007 with SP1 installed on windows 2003(x64) operating system, We are using SSL certificate from our own Certificate Server. All Exchange server roles are installed on this machine.

Now we are trying to implement RPC over HTTP/S. we did the following steps
    1. Install RPC Over HTTP from windows component.
    2. Enabled Outlook any where with NTLM authentication method.
    3. RPC Proxy registry settings for port 6001, 6002 & 6004 checked.
    After all these steps “Outlook any where” was not working from external ip, when i connect the same outlook settings from internal network it works.

i have also performed some test from https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com, initially the test end with the following error:.
    Test Steps Success.gifValidating certificate name Successfully validated the certificate nameplus.gifAdditional Details Found hostname mails.mydomain.com in Certificate Subject Common name Error.gifValidating certificate trust Certificate trust validation failed GreenRtArrow.jpgTell me more about this issue and how to resolve itMinus.gifAdditional Details The certificate chain did not end in a trusted root. Root = CN=, DC=mydomain, DC=com

after that I have replaced Certificate with a new certificate from a public certificate Authority.
    Now it came up with new error:

Error.gifAttempting to ping RPC Endpoint 6001 (Exchange Information Store) on server mails.Mydomain.com Failed to ping Endpoint GreenRtArrow.jpgTell me more about this issue and how to resolve itMinus.gifAdditional Details RPC_S_SERVER_UNAVAILABLE error (0x6ba) was thrown by the RPC Runtime

But when I enable three ports on firewall 1026, 1392 & 135 it works from external ip also. I didn’t find any article where enabling of these three ports is suggested. Kindly correct me if i am doing something wrong.

Thanks
    Manoj Bhardwaj

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.