outlook 2016 not connecting to exchange 2010

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues outlook 2016 not connecting to exchange 2010

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Roman_k

Hi
    Could not find any outlook 2016 groups so posting it here.
    We have Exchange 2010 and I am trying to introduce first office 2016 and having an issue connecting outlook 2016 to Exchange.

If I open outlook for first time and it gets user accounts details I get “Outlook stopped working”
    If I open it again I get “Outlook cannot log on. Verify you are connected to the network ….”
    If I try to set up new mail profile via Settings > Mail – I get ” Windows Shell Common DLL has stopped working”
    And if I try to add additional mail account under mail profile I get ” An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available”
    Then I get an option “to connect to an Exchange ActiveSync service” but that fails with error “Log onto Echange ActiveSync mail server(EAS): could not locate the specified server. User name and/or password are not valid. Please verify the information is correct”
    OWA and outlook 2010 for the mailbox I am using for testing works fine. Autodiscovery works fine. Client pc is finding the mail server so DNS and all that is checked and fine.

I found a few people on the internet with this issue but nobody managed to resolve it.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: