Outlook 2010 Categories and Flag Colours

Home Forums Office Office 2010 / 2013 General Issues Outlook 2010 Categories and Flag Colours

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    hetfield

Hi,

We have recently migrated from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010 (finally). However, there is a feature that is now missing in Outlook 2010 that is causing us grief.

Basically we have a shared mailbox, multiple staff members accessing the same box at different times. As an email comes in, in Outlook 2003 they would assign a coloured flag to it (i.e. red flag for urgent, green for normal etc) and then they would assign a category to it. They then arrange the emails by categories, or flag colour depending on what they are working on.

However, in Outlook 2010 it looks like they have replaced the ability to set coloured flags. I have tried assigning 2 categories, but when I arrange by categories, any emails with 2 categories will appear twice in the mailbox, once under each category, which is confusing.

Is there a way I can ‘assign’ an email to a user/name (can be added manually), and then colour code it and arrange by either and only see one instance of that email in the mailbox?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.