Outlook 2007 – How to delete a calendar that has delete option greyed out

Home Forums Messaging Software Outlook Outlook 2007 – How to delete a calendar that has delete option greyed out

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello,

First of all let me say sorry in case I asked this question in the wrong section, but this one was my best option.

I have a problem with a calendar in Outlook 2007 that just doesn’t have the option to be deleted. It is greyed out, the same as the move or rename option. I am not one of those guys that takes everything for granted and I did my part of research like for at least a half part of yesterday and tried everything there was on the web regarding this issue but nothing worked.

Client can see two calendars in the calendar menu, one associated with a personal folder(s) which users have for a higher storage capacity, instead of the smaller available one of the server mailbox, and another one associated with the server mailbox.

Client will manually move his emails to personal folder(s) (this is what we agreed on) with the sole condition that he could see the appointments sent and received in the same calendar, the one on the server.

In the past he had personal folder(s) set as default mailbox, so his emails would come to this .pst also any sent appointments/invitations would be saved/stored in the calendar associated with this personal folder(s) .pst while anything received, sent by other people to this client would appear in the calendar associated with the server mailbox.

In the end, he only wants to have both sent and received appointments/meetings stored in the same calendar, and to only have one calendar displayed in calendar menu.

After several tests and possible solutions taken from the web, the best we managed to do is to set the default to his server mailbox, all the emails will come to this mailbox and he will manually move them before mailbox limit reached, to his personal folder(s) .pst. Regarding the calendar, now he has both sent and received entries in the same calendar, the one associated with the server mailbox, ALSO set as default (I can see this both in data files and path to the calendars and also being the FIRST in the calendar menu – as I read they say first calendar is the default).

The only left problem is that I still cannot delete the calendar in the menu associated with the personal folder(s), delete option is greyed out. If I delete the “data file” entry from Accounts Settings, it goes away, but there no more personal folder(s) either, and this is not a solution as we still need the actual folders.

Is there any way to delete this calendar associated with personal folder(s), like for example a file or a registry entry that would not tie it to the actual .pst file so by doing this making only the calendar in calendar menu go away and still have the personal folder(s) present in mail section ?

Thank You a lot only for reading the whole story, now if I also get an useful answer, mostly appreciated. :beer:

Regards,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.