One Queue Not Sending Email

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 One Queue Not Sending Email

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    prenger745

I hope I can explain this. We had a server that is our primary domain controller (xxxpdc). It also ran Exchange 2003. The person in my position a year or so ago, moved Exchange to a new server (xxx-xxx-mail) and migrated everyone over to it. We have not had one single error on it regarding queues until yesterday. Looking at the queues..there is one that is xxxpdc.xxx.xxx (FQDN).(note: this is our OLD exchange server) All of a sudden any messages that end up in it, never get sent and just pile up.

Now if I go in and look at the messages that are in there they are all from an email address of xxx[email protected]. All of the subjects are “Folder Content” and all of the recipients are “SMTP:[email protected]

Outbound and Internal mail don’t seem to be affected. Even when our current queue growth gets up to 180mins (and alerts us).

I have no idea where to even begin.

I have frozen that queue for the time being. If I unfreeze it and force connection, it will stay for a bit (still not sending messages) but then at the bottom it will report “The connection was dropped by the remote host”.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Dan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.