old alias cannot receive email exchange 2007

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2007 / 2010 / 2013 old alias cannot receive email exchange 2007

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    techmob

Hi

we have recently split our company up, half of it has been sold. all parts had alias’s on the AD account so the user had multiple email addresses.

we have recently split from for example holidaypark2

when we send emails to [EMAIL=”[email protected]″][email protected][/EMAIL] it goes to the internal AD account and not to their external account as they are no longer hosted here

i have removed holidaypark2 alias from the AD account however it still goes to their AD account here.

i have looked in exchange 2007 managenement console and i am looking for any references to holidaypark2 and i have found a reference to it in hub transport under accepted domains and also email address policies.

i don’t want to go changing something that i am not sure about.

so to summarize.

we can receive emails from this holidaypark2, they do not receive from us as it is going to the AD account attached to our server. so it is going in an internal loop rather than going externally from the exchange to theirs as it thinks they are in our exchange

i think anyway ^

any help would be great

thanks

p.s now i have removed the alias from AD i get this error now

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

[email protected]’ The recipient’s e-mail address was not found in the recipient’s e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

_____

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: domain.local

[email protected]
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from ([::1]) by ([::1]) with mapi; Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:24:31 +0100
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name=”winmail.dat”
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    To: “”
    <>
    Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:24:30 +0100
    Subject: testing 123
    Thread-Topic: testing 123
    Thread-Index: Acww8HtWHxOKw8NyQDm4O+ZRMFRvTg==
    Message-ID:
    Accept-Language: en-US, en-GB
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:

MIME-Version: 1.0

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.