GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Offline NT Password & Registry Editor freezes after partition selection

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Offline NT Password & Registry Editor freezes after partition selection

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dannyboy

I have an IBM Thinkpad with a DVD reader installed. It has Windows 2000 and 2 logon accounts 1 administrator and 1 not. The passwords which I remember (from a year ago) don’t seem to work.

I have downloaded and created the CD from the Offline NT Password & Registry Editor site. I have booted the CD and it starts off just fine.

It detects my hard drive and when I select it to continue it freezes (sort of).

It first displays the following…

Selected 1
    Mounting on /dev/sda1
    NTFS volume version 3.0.

That’s when it stops. There is just a blinking cursor. I can type, but nothing (except ctrl-alt-del) actually does anything.

I don’t know enough about Linux to really research this problem on my own and the alternative methods I’ve read seem fairly complex.

Note that according to the instructions this is when the software should scan for the registry files. However the hard drive doesn’t spin and I have let this run for more than half an hour without any progress.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or is anyone familiar enough with the script to know what may be happening?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.