"Object Picker cannot open because no locations from which to choose objects can be

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory "Object Picker cannot open because no locations from which to choose objects can be

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pim

Hi,
    When I try in AD management console in the domain controller to add a new group for a user I get the following error:
    “Object Picker cannot open because no locations from which to choose objects can be found” error message when you try to select objects from an Active Directory domain in Windows 2000
    Our domain controller is a W2000 cluster (two W2000 advanced server machines) and this happens in one of the nodes of the controller while in the other node it Works well (the difference between them is where it fails, has the resources: print, file sharing and quorum services). Both nodes of the controller have the remote registry service disabled and in the node where it fails when you start this service it works well but I dont think this is the reason because in the other node with remote registry service disabled it works. Solutions from the following support articles dont work:
    kb 263231
    kb 284914
    I have checked that the situation is independent of the domain administrator who tries to add the group to the user.

Can anybody help me? Which is the reason of this different behaviour from one cluster node to another ?
    Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.