GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Numerous errors in DCDIAG

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 Numerous errors in DCDIAG

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    xcapepr

Back story: Sage MAS200 consultant needed a Active Directory free server to do their thing. I wanted to virtualize the Active directory server for some time anyway and used it as an excuse.

Physical server: ARBSVR1
    Hyper-V Servers: ARBDC01, ARBDC02

I installed Hyper-V in Test Server, installed Server 2008 x86. Installed AD role and did the dcpromo, no errors so far, only a FrsEvent error with a SYSVOL replication problem that was corrected after a log clear and a reboot. I then created a second Hyper-V Server 2008 x86 with AD and did dcpromo. So far so good.

When I ran dcpromo on the original physical server it all went to hell. The Server didn’t demote successfully and left a mess in DNS. The roles (RID,FSMO,etc) were assigned to ARBDC02 but ARBDC01 still sees ARVSVR1 as the role holder. Not I get a [email protected] load of errors in DCDIAG, DNS and SYSVOL is not replicating.

After 1 hour of verifying DNS in both servers and adding the proper entries and removing the ARBSVR1 records I’m still having problems and fresh out of ideas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.