Not receiving external emails

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Not receiving external emails

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fen tyler

This may be a bit long (sorry !) I’m a 70+ volunteer currently struggling to configure windows server 2003/exchange server 2003 for external emails at our community centre. We can successfully send & receive emails on our local network and also send to external addresses but don’t receive any incoming messages (the senders however do not receive failed delivery notification)

The server is multi-homed (we operate on a shoe string !) and our email client is Outlook 2003.
    We have a FQDN and an ‘A’ record and MX record at our external nameserver. The server is (temporarily) in a DMZ though I’m fairly sure the problem is not firewall related.

My specific queries are:

Should both the external FQDN address and local domain address be given in the default recipient policy and if so which should be primary ?

Using the Internet Mail wizard should I opt to use the dual-homed internet gateway topology or not ?

Should I opt to route all mail through a smart host (e.g. smtp.virgin.net) ?

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.