Not able to sync WSUS and SCCM

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services System Management Not able to sync WSUS and SCCM

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lvaibhavt

Hi All,

I’ve a VM workstation on which I am running Windows Server 2003 and some client machines. On the server I’ve added two NIC’s one more internal traffic and other one to connect to the internet. On the Server I’ve installed SCCM and WSUS. The issue is WSUS and SCCM are not getting synced.

I’ve not configured WSUS, just installed it. I’ve added the Software update point role. There is no proxy server. I’ve verified this via proxycfg command and this was the output I received
    C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>proxycfg
    Microsoft (R) WinHTTP Default Proxy Configuration Tool
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Current WinHTTP proxy settings under:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet SettingsConnections
    WinHttpSettings :

Direct access (no proxy server).

I’ve created a different IIS site for WSUS and not using the default one. The port numbers are 8530 and 8531. I’ve verified that WSUS is using these ports as well. I googled up for the issue and checked ports — proxy — services, they all are seem to be fine.

Event viewer shows Event id 6703 and source as SMS Server. Description is On 5/27/2011 3:19:58 PM, component SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER on computer DC01 reported: SMS WSUS Synchronization failed.
    Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync.
    The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    Any suggestions what is not working properly.

Thank you in advance,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.