GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

No GC? Cant Find Domain Controller? What the deuce?

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 No GC? Cant Find Domain Controller? What the deuce?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ikenga

Ok. I’ve looked hi and low for an actual answer.

I have two sites.
    Site1 and Site2 and one domain connected via VPN.

Site1 has SBS2008 (Exchange 2008 SP3 Rollup 3v2) (Vader), and a Windows Server 2008 R2 DC (Yoda) (2008 functionality)
    Site2 has a DC and Exchange 2008 (Chewbacca).

Sites are configured properly, dcdiag /e give me nothing untoward.

SITE1 (Head Office)
    Vader, being SBS is a DC with all the roles. Yet in exchange, it cant see itself. It can only see Yoda. If Yoda goes down, Vader dies.

SITE2 (Remote Office)
    Chewbacca is a DC and Exchange 2007 SP3 Rollup 3v2 (I know I’m naughty installing Exchange on a DC) can only see Vader and Yoda for the DC and GC roles.

Chewbacca is an SCR server in case the head office goes down. But if the office disappeared of the planet, then Exchange would surely fall over..
    What am I missing?
    All DNS Settings are correct. all servers are DNS Servers, and point to themselves first, and then to the other two DNS Servers/DCs.

Some info that might help.

From Vader!!!

Quote:
    Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=4252). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
    (Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
    In-site:
    VADER.xxxxxxxx.local CDG 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
    yoda.xxxxxxxxxxxx.local CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1
    Out-of-site:
    CHEWBACCA.xxxxxxxxxxx.local CDG 1 7 7 1 0 1 1 7 1

From Chewbacca!!!

Quote:
    Process MSEXCHANGEADTOPOLOGYSERVICE.EXE (PID=5008). Exchange Active Directory Provider has discovered the following servers with the following characteristics:
    (Server name | Roles | Enabled | Reachability | Synchronized | GC capable | PDC | SACL right | Critical Data | Netlogon | OS Version)
    In-site:
    chewbacca.xxxxxx.local CDG 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Out-of-site:
    VADER.xxxxxx.local CD- 1 6 7 0 0 1 1 7 1
    yoda.xxxxx.local CD- 1 6 7 0 0 1 1 7 1

Please help..
    Thanks..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.