Our network consists of 10 WinXP Po machines connected to a Win2K3 DC/DNS server. However, internet access is a bit slow. I think all traffic is routed through the DC/DNS server.
1. How can I confirm if Internet access is routed through this server?
2. If #1 is true, do you think this the reason for slow Internet access?
3. If #1 is true, is there a way to bypass this so all traffic goes to some other external DNS server?
4. Must we manually input our internal DNS address in the TCP/IP settings of each adapter on each computer? Is there a way for each device to manually sense these addresses?
5. Unless we manually configure the TCP/IP settings with external DNS servers, somehow we can’t hit our own web site hosted by the ISP. However we can hit every other site. Why is this?