No attachments OMA ActiveSync

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 No attachments OMA ActiveSync

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • victor Max

Hello,

I have a SBS 2003 R2 SP2 running with Exchange SP2 including all possible Windows Updates.
    Connecting our HTC TyTN II PDA/Smartphones using Windows Mobile 6.0 over SSL (443) works fine except for one thing.. attachments in mail are not downloaded nor can our users send a attachment, only plain e-mails without attachments are send and received succesfully.

The ActiveSync settings in the PDA/Smartphones are configured to receive all mails including attachments regardless to their size..
    The only port in our company firewall which is open is port 443, should this be enough to send and/or receive attachments?

Sending a email with a small attachment (30Kb) stays in the outbox on the PDA/Smartphone and ActiveSync exposes a ‘attention required’ what says that there are emails in the outbox which cannot be send, no error code whatsoever..
    On the server side (SBS2K3-R2) logfiles there are no errors at all, so I’m ‘down and out’ to this issue.

Receiving a email with a attachment (let’s say a txt file) won’t open and clicking on it there comes a ‘option pop-up’ that says the attachment can be downloaded, which we then follow. The statusbar is showing ‘receiving’ and disappears after a little while but clicking again on the attachment shows again the ‘option pop-up’ that says that the attachment can be downloaded….etc.
    Again no listed errors in the logfiles on the serverside….

Can anyone help me out with this?

Much appreciated,

Victor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.