new password policy…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • shmengie

okay, this is a weird one.

this sunday, i am putting new password policy in place (2 days max), and will be manually unchecking a select group of users’ “password never expires” box. this will force those users to change their password on tuesday. after everyone has changed their password, i will change the policy to 90 days, permanently. BUT…

what if some people are out of the office? if i change the policy to 90 days on wednesday, those people who were out of the office will not be forced to immediately change their password. but, if i leave it at 2 days for a while, some people will get REALLY annoyed at having to change their password every two days.

i am at a loss on how to make this happen. any ideas?

thx!

btw, this a w2k3 environment, if that helps/makes a difference. (although, the gc is 2008).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: