I have setup a new domain as my company wants to migrate from Novell. I have setup two DCs, which both provide DNS (second DC is running as secondary zone off of PDC). The PDC also provides DHCP.
Whilst DHCP seems to be working fine, records are not being added/updated in the forward lookup zone. Reverse lookup zone seems to be updating/populating fine. I have gone through the settings time and time again but I can’t crack this one.
Point of note, 98% of clients are not on the new domain yet but I have added domain admin credentials into DHCP>Dynamic DNS update credentials. AD computer members add themselves to the forward lookup zone fine.